20 April, 2009

last look

I set my alarm for 4:20 am. Our plan was to drop him off, park the car while he got his boarding pass and checked his bag, then get some breakfast before he had to go through security. Great plan, but a bit too early in the morning, even for the airport and travelers. So, we just hung out, half asleep, groggy but supportve, nervous, and wondering about the journey. Hoping for the best, but honestly, so tired that everything wrapped in a dream like ambiance. And now, hearing his tired, awestruck voice as the bus pulls into Belfast, being met by Rick and Karen, witnessing the begining his new adventure.  The romance of living on the sea...I realize this day has been unique in it's ordinary profoundness. I imagine this is how Moms feel when their kid leaves for the Navy but without the military aspect. I don't know how he managed to pull this off but I am so pround of him, awestruck myself in the face of his competence and independence and willingness to do what it takes to be in the flow of his dream. Bravo, my son! My runaway bunny...I'll be following you before we know it. In the meantime, I'll be visiting the website everyday and meeting you in my dreams. XO

No comments: