29 October, 2008

from Walt Whitman

Dear Jules,
"From this hour we ordain myself loos'ed of limits and imaginary lines,
Going where we list, our own master total and absolute,
Listening to others, considering well what they say,
Pausing, Searching, receiving, contemplating,
Gently, but with undeniable will, divesting myself of the holds that would hold us.
We inhale great draughts of space,
The east and west are ours, and the north and the south are ours.

We are all larger, better than we thought. 
We did not know we had so much goodness in us.

All seems beautiful to us,
We can repeat over to men and women,
You have done such good to us we would do the same to you,
I will recruit for myself among men and women as I go.
I will scatter myself and you as I go."

Hang in there, the best is yet to be,
not that you currently have anything to complain about...
Much love,
Walt

No comments: