19 January, 2009

chocolate

Writing about chocolate for the next "Good Age" fitness column means thinking and reading about chocolate, which also means eating chocolate. It's a dirty job, but I wouldn't expect others to do something I am not willing to do myself. Turns out there is quite a lot of well documented research singing the health benefits of our friend chocolate. For me, the fitness benefits are a big concern: it motivates me to complete my daily workouts, not the easiest part of my day. And I love my workouts, once I begin. It's getting started that is the challenge. A small but flavorful bit of the dark stuff gets me on the floor, with the music on, ready to sweat. 

1 comment:

Denise Emanuel Clemen said...

I was seriously addicted/attracted to chocolate my whole life until I spent several months on the anti-depressant Cymbalta. Cymbalta was somewhat of a wonder drug, I have to say. But with my passion for chocolate lacking now, I do feel a little bit broken.
I await your article!